Games are Awesome – Star Wars
- This fun camp is all about coding games – and the awesomeness that comes from it! Campers will not only create a real functioning game from scratch, they’ll practice the fundamental coding concepts required in any language, learn how to think logically, and have fun while doing it. Using Scratch, MIT’s popular drag-and-drop programming language, campers will code cool playable games with guidance from our seasoned Code Coaches. Because we do all our coding online, campers can log into their account at any time during or after camp to show off what they’ve done, and even keep adding to their game!
Week 2: June 25 – June 29
- Who’s ready for some PYTHON! Sounds a little like a giant snake right? But it’s actually one of the hottest languages around today. Take advantage of the easy-to-read style of coding while picking up on one of the most popular languages today for professional and beginner coders alike. We’ll start out by using an online python platform to learn some basics and practice some fundamental concepts, and time permitting and based on our camper skill set, we may jump on to some more complex Python coding, potentially getting into coding with PyGame.
Week 3: July 9 – July 13
- Our WebRox camp is all about websites, because the web rocks! Our campers will spend the week designing and building their very own websites and get ’em published to the world by the end of the week. Importantly, kids will be introduced to Internet Safety and why cyber-safety matters, plus we’ll learn the basics of how the internet works (wait, you mean that Facebook page lives out in the “cloud” somewhere?!).
Week 4: July 16 – July 20
Rise of the Machines
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) is one of the bigger buzzwords today, and we’re ready to help you tackle it. What is AI? Why is it taking over the world? Our AI Camp will help de-mystify what artificial intelligence is, and how it’s used in the world. AI can be extremely complex, but like all software, it’s based on basic building blocks of logic. We’ll start with basic AI apps like guessing games, then dive into more fundamental AI apps like computer-opponent games or chatbots, and may get into more complex strategies of “computer thinking” based on campers’ progress.
Time: 9:00am – 4:00 pm, Early Drop off – 7:30 am, Late Pick up – 5:00 pm
Age: Rising 5th – 9th grade (each session is limited to 15 students)
Tuition: $360 per week.
Spring Special: $280 per week.*
* Promotion valid April 23 through May 31. Reflects a per-week price.
Instructor: Code Coaches